Sunday, December 26, 2010

PRAISING ALLAH

I know you are there 
Little bird, 
Covered by rich green, talking to the tree 
Yes, a talking tree! 

I know you are hiding 
Little ant, 
Under the solid brown, listening to the song 
Yes, the singing earth! 

I know you are relaxing 
Tiny drop of rain, 
Inside the airy white, hearing the laugh 
Yes, a laughing cloud! 

I know you are dancing 
Little bee, 
Beside fresh colors, joining a prayer 
Yes, a praying flower! 

I know you are breathing 
Little fish, 
Deep in the wide blue, amazed by stories 
Yes, the Historian Ocean! 

I am sitting in my room 
Seeing you all in the heart of my eye 
Praising the work of God 
Wishing to add more before I die 

Talking tree 
Singing earth 
Laughing cloud 
Praying flower and 
Historian Ocean 
Let me join you, and be sublime 
Praising Allah till the end of our time! 
-Zoya Ahmad published in Im a Muslim & Im Proud

No comments:

Post a Comment